Subject: Survey on buildings management systems

Survey on buildings management systems

From: Sarah Volter <sarah.money<-at->
Date: Monday, March 23, 2015
Posted on behalf Of Mandy Garratt.

I am a postgraduate Preventive Conservation MA student, and am
currently undertaking a 6 week work placement at the Wiltshire and
Swindon History Centre, working on a project to rationalise the
building management system.

The centre has seven archive strong rooms, as well as areas open to
the public, and we are investigating the possibility of temporarily
shutting down the heating, air-conditioning and ventilation system
in the archives strong rooms, with the aim of reducing energy use,
but still maintaining the appropriate conditions for the artefacts.
I would like to hear from other archives who have already done
something similar and would be grateful if anyone who has done so
could complete the following short survey.

The survey is available at

    <URL:https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GQF226Q>

Please complete the survey by the 10 April 2015.

If you have any further information regarding your experiences of
system shutdown, please contact me at:
<mandy.garratt<-at->wiltshire<.>gov<.>uk>

Your time and participation would be greatly appreciated.

Mandy Garratt
Student

Sarah Volter
Senior Conservation Officer