Subject: Electric candles

Electric candles

From: Paul Himmelstein <aandh<-at->
Date: Tuesday, March 17, 2015
During a visit to Stockholm for the 1975 IIC meeting I noticed the
use of very effective electric candles in many historic sites.  I
was able to obtain samples of these, which had small bulbs that
moved (the entire bulb, not the filament) and were low-voltage.  An
American company markets a similar version, but using line voltage
(either 110 or 220V) bulbs.  They now also offer an LED version.
While these are quite effective, the low-voltage version always
seemed preferable, as it allowed for easier wiring of historic
fixtures.  I wonder if anyone has information about the low-voltage
version.  Are they still available? If so, can you provide any
contacts for obtaining them?

Many thanks,

Paul Himmelstein
Appelbaum and Himmelstein