Subject: Book cradles sought for symposium

Book cradles sought for symposium

From: Adrienne Bell <abell<-at->
Date: Friday, February 20, 2015
Apologies for cross-posting

Call for cradles
"Don't Rock the Cradle"

We would like to invite you to send us an example of a cradle that
you use and like most when exhibiting books.  During the Don't Rock
the Cradle Symposium we hope to have a great number of cradles on
display for participants to examine and discuss with their peers at
our "Market Place".

The cradle should be approximately 241mm wide x 305mm high.  Please
feel free to send along any instructions you think might be
important.  Please prepare a label with your name, email and
institution.  Though we prefer to have the actual book mount, if you
cannot spare or send one, because it is too large, too expensive
etc., please send us a picture of it.  We will display the picture
with your label.

To keep costs low, we would prefer not to send the cradle back, so
please do not send us valuable cradles.  We hope many of you will
participate and help us make this a fun and interesting exhibit of
book mounts.

Please direct any questions to dontrockthecradle<-at->folger<.>edu.

Please send your cradle to:

    Folger Shakespeare Library
    Conservation Department
    201 East Capitol Street SE