Subject: Storing champagne bottles

Storing champagne bottles

From: Gary Saretzky <gary.saretzky<-at->
Date: Thursday, February 12, 2015
Carla Pike <cpike<-at->canterburymuseum<.>com> writes

>I have had a question from our curator concerning the safe storage
>of a full bottle of champagne among the collection.  Does anybody
>have advice on how this can be safely done?  Obviously there are
>concerns with the possibility of the cork popping.  Would horizontal
>or vertical storage be preferred, or perhaps a safe box to contain
>spillage?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Unlike wine, there appears to be a slight advantage in cork
longevity by storing it vertically.  See

    <URL:http://forums.winespectator.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6826053161/m/674105416>

Gary D. Saretzky, Archivist
Monmouth County Archives
125 Symmes Drive