Subject: Pattern crucible steel

Pattern crucible steel

From: Stephanie Vasiliou <s.vasiliou.11<-at->
Date: Sunday, January 18, 2015
Can anyone recommend where I could get patterned crucible steel
(wootz) for experimentation?  I am assessing the material loss
micro-etching causes on crucible steel, and have struggled to get
enough samples. Ideally I would like an historic sword blade or
something similar, that can be sectioned into several pieces, in
order to maintain a degree of consistency across samples.

Stephanie Vasiliou
Postgraduate Taught Student
MSc Conservation for Archaeology and Museums
UCL Institute of Archaeology

                 Distributed: Friday, January 30, 2015