Subject: Adhesive for metal

Adhesive for metal

From: Robin Croskery Howard <robin.croskery<-at->
Date: Tuesday, January 13, 2015
I am searching for the appropriate adhesive for metal.  I am
currently working to re-adhere a trigger guard on a late
eighteenth/early nineteenth century pepperbox pistol.  It was
previously repaired with an unknown adhesive (no surviving
paperwork).  The trigger guard has red-tinted adhesive residue.

I have done some research on B-48N and Butvar B-76, but not come up
with anything conclusive.  Does anyone have any suggestions for the
best metal to metal adhesive?

Robin P. Croskery Howard
Objects Conservation Technician
North Carolina Museum of History