Subject: Webinars on collection care

Webinars on collection care

From: Marcelle Lunau <mlunau<-at->
Date: Tuesday, January 13, 2015
The Balboa Art Conservation Center is pleased to offer a new series
of webinars: The Preventive Care Primer Series

These webinars offer practical ideas for improving collections care
at your institution and provide an opportunity for Q&A after the
presentation.

Alexis Miller, Chief Conservator of Paintings at BACC will be
teaching a two-part webinar:

An introduction to handling and housekeeping for museum collections

    Part One: Handling of Museum Collections
    January 27, 2015
    11 am

    Part Two: Housekeeping for Museum Collections
    January 28, 2015
    11am

Future webinars in the Preventive Primer series will provide an
introduction to the following subjects:

    Emergency Preparedness and Risk Management for Disaster
    Preparedness

    Pest Management

    The Environment and its Effect on Collections

For 2015 we have a special introductory rate for our webinars.
Check out our webinar site for more information and registration
details:

    <URL:http://bacc-webinars.weebly.com>

The Balboa Art Conservation Center welcomes all museum
professionals, volunteers, students, and interested people to learn
about basic preservation theory and best practices from professional
conservators and other experts in the field.  The Preventive Care
Primer series presents five webinars offered at a reduced
introductory price.  Our previous webinars have been very well
received by a range of attendees, including museum registrars,
collection managers, curators, volunteers, and students.

We hope to see you online.

Marcelle Lunau
Field Service Officer
Balboa Art Conservation Center (BACC)