Subject: Call for papers--Icon Furniture and Wood Group Symposium

Call for papers--Icon Furniture and Wood Group Symposium

From: Tristram Bainbridge <tristram.bainbridge<-at->
Date: Monday, January 12, 2015
Call for papers

ICON Furniture and Wood Group annual symposium

Dr Johnson's House
17 Gough Square
London EC4A 3DE
UK
Friday 15 May 2015

The ICON Furniture and Wood Group invites submissions for papers to
be presented at our annual symposium to be held at Dr Johnson's
House, London. We invite presentations on all topics relating to
furniture and wood for an evening of talks.  The location, 17 Gough
Square, is a beautiful eighteenth century townhouse which displays a
collection relating to the second most-quoted Englishman, Dr Samuel
Johnson.

There is no specific theme for the symposium and we encourage all
our members to come forward and share their experiences with other
members. Topics could include new practical conservation technique,
a recent piece of research or an on-going conservation project.  We
would also encourage students and recent graduates to submit
proposals.

The deadline for submission of abstracts is 8 February 2015. Email
your abstracts of 200-500 words to tristram.bainbridge<-at->gmail<.>com.

Talks will be around 20 minutes and there will be a post-print for
this event.

Tickets will be available after the finalisation of the programme.

Tristram Bainbridge
Victoria and Albert Museum
London SW7 2RL
UK