Subject: UV photography

UV photography

From: Marianne Weldon <mweldon<-at->
Date: Tuesday, January 6, 2015
I would like to be able to document objects in our collection with
UV photography but we currently are not set up to do this.  We have
only hand-held UV lights and digital SLR cameras with no
modifications made to them to allow for UV photography.  At this
point I think we would be most interested in UV induced fluorescence
photography, rather than UV reflectography, and we would most likely
be documenting 3D objects, pottery, etc. more often than paintings,
but our collection is varied.

Has anyone purchased or modified equipment to do this inexpensively
that would be willing to share their expertise?  Or have you come
across any articles or blogs that might help me with this?

I should mention that I want to make sure we can do rather large
objects, as we do have a UV digital microscope that allows for image
capture on a small scale.

Marianne Weldon
Collections Manager for Special Collections
Fellow, The American Institute for Conservation
202 Canaday
Bryn Mawr College
101 North Merion Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010