Subject: Storing rolled textiles

Storing rolled textiles

From: Jean Dommermuth <gdtiepolo<-at->
Date: Monday, December 16, 2013
Catherine Bennetts-Cash <catherine<-at->bennettscash<.>id<.>au> writes

>I am currently researching space-efficient methods for storing 60+
>rolled textiles. Does anyone belong to, or know of, a museum that
>has invested in a vertical carousel system for storing rolled
>textiles? Does anyone have any other suggestions about space
>efficient systems? I am particularly interested to hear from
>Australian museums.

We recently purchased a "Cloth Unwinding Truck" to store our
supplies of fabrics, papers and films; it's actually meant for cloth
printers and clothing manufacturers.  It's basically a two sided
metal rack on wheels with brackets to hold tubes to hold rolls; it
came with eight sets of brackets (four front and back) but we added
extra and have space for fourteen tubes (could even add more); the
space between them is completely adjustable.  It was available in
many different widths and came in easy to assemble sections.  We
ordered from Jesse J. Heap and Son in Irvington, NJ but there are
similar suppliers all over the US and likely in Australia (I'd
search for "cloth unwinding truck".) This has worked out really
well--the wheels are especially helpful.

Jean Dommermuth
ArtCareNYC,

                 Distributed: Monday, December 16, 2013