Subject: Anoxia

Anoxia

From: Barbara Appelbaum <aandh<-at->
Date: Monday, December 16, 2013
Valerie Tomlinson <vtomlinson<-at->aucklandmuseum<.>com> writes

>At the Auckland War Memorial Museum we are also looking into getting
>an anoxia treatment system for those objects that can't be frozen. I
>would be interested in any information on systems and suppliers for
>anoxia, especially southern hemisphere suppliers.

Another alternative to freezing is heat:  130 deg F for a few hours.
Since bedbugs have made many happy homes in New York City, many
exterminators have machines that produce those temperatures, which
allows disinfestation in the rooms where the collections are.

I suggest going on the "MuseumPests.net" mailing list to get
detailed advice from the experts about specific pests and the
options for killing them.

Appelbaum and Himmelstein LLC
444 Central Park West
New York NY  10025