Subject: Why I Give to CoOL

Why I Give to CoOL

From: Richard McCoy <richardsmccoy<-at->
Date: Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Why I Give to CoOL
Richard McCoy
Conservator, Richard McCoy and Associates, Inc., Indiana USA

Did you know that by the end of this year nearly three-quarters of a
million people will have visited Conservation OnLine? And that these
visitors will have come from just about every country on the planet?
While the majority of these visitors are from the U.S., this amount
and variety of web traffic is a testament to the greatness and
global importance of CoOL.

We all helped build it, use it frequently, and now the Foundation of
the American Institute for Conservation (FAIC) takes care of it.  I
give to CoOL because FAIC needs my financial help to continue
maintaining this valuable resource.

For more than 25 years CoOL has been a resource like no other,
representing our shared cause to preserve cultural heritage
everywhere.

And while I use a variety of web-based resources, CoOL remains an
unmatched and go-to site that I turn to frequently in all aspects of
my work.

As you know, FAIC assumed responsibility for CoOL in 2009 and is
continuing to look for ways that it can be improved and become a
better resource.  But if we want CoOL to remain an excellent
resource, preserve our historic work, and help inform the globe, we
need to support it.  Please join me in making a gift this year.

So what about you? Will you consider sending a donation in support
of CoOL?

You can donate on line at

    <URL:http://www.conservation-us.org/foundation/make-a-secure-online-donation#.UqiEzPRDuX0>

or mail a check to:

    Foundation of the American Institute for Conservation (FAIC)
    1156 15th Street, NW
    Suite 320
    Washington, DC 20005

Thank you for your participation and support.

                 Distributed: Sunday, December 15, 2013