Subject: Hand sanitizer

Hand sanitizer

From: Isobel Griffin <i.griffin<-at->
Date: Monday, December 9, 2013
The book-handlers in our library have asked whether it is acceptable
to apply antibacterial hand gels and then handle books.  I'm
inclined to think that it is probably not a good idea, as the gels
could contain traces of materials that might stain the books, but I
wondered if anyone else has a view on this?

    **** Moderator's comments: There were a few messages on this
    subject in the Cons DistList in May-June 2009.  See the archives
    at
    <URL:http://cool.conservation-us.org/byform/mailing-lists/cdl/>

Dr Isobel Griffin ACR
Collections Care Manager