Subject: Source for Acid-free lint-free abrasive-free wiping cloths sought

Source for Acid-free lint-free abrasive-free wiping cloths sought

From: William Minter <wminter<-at->
Date: Wednesday, December 4, 2013
James Moss <clkmkr<-at->tiac<.>net> writes

>Does anyone have a source for Acid-free lint-free abrasive-free
>wiping cloths?  Two days of looking and I have been unsuccessful.
>Webrill cotton handi pads are full of lint.  Any help or thoughts
>would be appreciated.

You might look at the TEK-Wipe material that is available from

    Polistini Conservation Material LLC
    Washington DC
    <URL:http://www.polistini.com/products/non-wovens/tek-wipe.php>

This lint-free material is supplied to the computer industry and is
normally sold in small sheets (towels/wipes). Book and paper
conservators have found it very useful as an alternative to
blotters, especially in the 36 inch wide roll form. Perhaps this
material will meet your needs.

Bill Minter
William Minter Bookbinding and Conservation, Inc.
4368 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA  16695
814-793-4020
Fax: 814-793-4045