Subject: Position at the National Trust

Position at the National Trust

From: Theodora Grigoropoulou <theodora.grigoropoul<-at->
Date: Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Conservator
The National Trust

Based in Llandudno, covering the Welsh region

Permanent, part time (30 hours per week to be worked over four days

Salary: UKP24,741 per annum (UKP33,135 per annum full time
equivalent)

Reference: IRC10270

About the role: From the exquisite papal pietre dure table at Powis
to the dreamy seascapes of Rex Whistler at Plas Newydd via the
neo-Norman grandeur of Penrhyn Castle. We look after some of the
finest, most comprehensive historic house collections and interiors
in the world. We want all our visitors to enjoy the illuminating,
often surprising stories that lie beneath the surface of our spaces,
places and objects. Based in Llandudno and covering the Welsh
region, you'll be part of the National Trust Consultancy working
with colleagues on a fascinating variety of historical collections
and interiors. As well as sharing your conservation expertise,
you'll have lots of new ideas on interpretation, presentation and
exciting ways of bringing collections and interiors to life. And by
focusing on the big picture, by sharing ideas, insight and
expertise, you'll help us to achieve our bold ambition of balancing
conservation requirements with visitor access needs.

About you: You're an enthusiastic, knowledgeable conservation
expert. Someone who shares our aims and ambitions, challenges
conventional thinking and will be proactive in championing bold,
innovative ideas. More than anything, you'll be passionate about
making our properties, places and collections ever more relevant and
engaging for audiences of all ages and backgrounds. Alongside strong
negotiation and influencing skills, you'll need to be professionally
qualified and accredited, and have an in-depth understanding of the
latest preventive and remedial conservation tools and techniques.
We'd also like you to have a strong coaching, mentoring and
facilitation skills, while you'll feel confident interpreting data
and using your findings to help influence colleagues.

Every day, everything that you do will help to impress your
colleagues and create a truly unforgettable experience for our
visitors.

Incredibly rewarding: We expect a lot, but we'll offer a great deal
in return, starting with stimulating and challenging work and the
opportunity to help us achieve our bold ambitions. We value your
contribution, recognise the importance of a work-life balance, and
are committed to your continued development. You can also look
forward to free admission to all our incredible places, plus a
helpful 20% off at our shops, cafes and restaurants. But they're
just the benefits we can tell you about here. There are lots more at

    <URL:http://www.nationaltrustrewardsandbenefits.org.uk>

About us: We're a charity founded in 1895 by three people who saw
the importance of our nation's heritage and open spaces and wanted
to preserve them for everyone to enjoy. Over 100 years later these
values are still at the heart of everything we do. We want people of
all ages and backgrounds to enjoy, be inspired by and love the
places we look after as much as we do. We want everyone in England,
Wales and Northern Ireland to feel like a member of the National
Trust and, by 2020, we want to have grown our membership to more
than five million.

To apply, please visit

    <URL:http://www.nationaltrustjobs.org.uk>

and search using keyword IRC10270.

Closing date: December 5, 2013.
Provisional interview date: TBC 2013.

Committed to equal opportunities.

               Distributed: Wednesday, November 20, 2013