Subject: Heritage Alert about palace of the Great Prince Vladimir Rurik of Kiev

Heritage Alert about palace of the Great Prince Vladimir Rurik of Kiev

From: Bonnie Naugle <bnaugle<-at->
Date: Tuesday, November 12, 2013
Posted on behalf of Tatiana Zhdanoca-Anderson, a U.S. resident
originally from Kiev:

    Best regards from Los Angeles and from Kiev from the public
    activists nonprofit group "Tithe Lane"

    UNESCO World Heritage site--the 10th century A.D. remains of the
    palace of The Great Prince Vladimir Rurik of Kiev--is in great
    danger.  UNESCO has forwarded our concerns to the Permanent
    Delegate from Ukraine Mr. Olexander Kupchyshyn, who happened to
    be as well an Ambassador of Ukraine in France and Monaco.  No
    reply from him was ever received.

    ICOMOS had redirected me to International Scientific Committee
    on Historic Towns and Villages and I am in communication with
    the President Professor Sofia Avgerinou-Kolonias.  During annual
    meeting of CIVVIH in September 2013 in Budapest, all members
    unanimously voted for resolution to launch an official Heritage
    Alert.  It takes time which we don't have.

    Self-proclaimed--not recognized by any Orthodox
    Church--Patriarch of Ukrainian Orthodox Church Filaret Denisenko
    is destroying the archaeological site by building a 7-story
    administrative-commercial-residential building with underground
    parking.

    President of "Tithe Lane" group Sc.S. Dina Gertzriken lives in a
    building next to the construction site and despite all court
    rulings against construction she is reporting daily pn
    construction progress.

    As archeologists and as humanitarians please step in and address
    this urgent matter.  We can use all the help we can get. Photos
    and videos will be sent to you upon your request.  Thank you for
    your time and consideration.

    Tatiana Zhdanova-Anderson, public activist Los Angeles, CA, USA
    branch of nonprofit group "Tithe Lane"
    562-652-5517
    tatiz.nyc<-at->gmail<.>com

    This is a documentary about quest of Sc.S. Dina Gertzriken to
    save whatever is left of Historic Kiev:

        <URL:http://youtu.be/hTRW6rOBWss>

               Distributed: Wednesday, November 20, 2013