Subject: Position at National Library of Medicine

Position at National Library of Medicine

From: Walter Cybulski <cybulskw<-at->
Date: Thursday, November 7, 2013
Head, Preservation and Collection Development
National Library of Medicine

NLM has a GS 14 (salary range from $105,211 to $136,771 including
locality pay per annum) opening posted Thursday, November 7, 2013)
on USAJobs The vacancy is posted for five days; this is our standard
practice.

We are seeking candidates for Head, Preservation and Collection
Management Section.  Visit: Careers _at_ NLM

    <URL:http://www.nlm.nih.gov/careers/careers.html>

to discover more information about our mission, our dynamic team and
what it is like to work at the world's largest biomedical library,
located on the NIH campus in Bethesda, MD.

Please contact

    Martha Fishel
    Chief, Public Services Division
    301-496-5501
    fishelm<-at->mail<.>nlm<.>nih<.>gov

with questions regarding either opening.

The Head of the Preservation and Collection Management Section is
responsible for preserving and managing NLM's collections including:

    Binding and book repair
    Shelving and shifting collections
    Space planning for collections
    Disaster prevention and response
    Environmental monitoring
    Audiovisual duplication
    Collection digitization and digital preservation
    Staff training in careful handling of library materials

See Announcement:  NIH-NLM-DE-14-989579 (Head, Preservation and
Collection Management Section)

    <URL:https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/354691800>

                 Distributed: Friday, November 8, 2013