Subject: Petition on Diagnostic Scientific Laboratories (D.S.L.)

Petition on Diagnostic Scientific Laboratories (D.S.L.)

From: Lindsay Galea <lindsay_btt<-at->
Date: Friday, October 25, 2013
Professional Conservator-Restorers (MAPCo-Re) is very concerned
about the latest events and discussions happening related to the
Diagnostic Scientific Laboratories (D.S.L.) at Heritage Malta and is
fighting for their retention in their current location.

It has been brought to our attention, that it was decided that the
D.S.L. at Heritage Malta is to move shortly to a different
government sector. Based on the concept that one of the main pillars
of our profession is science, MAPCo-Re would cordially like to
request if it were possible for you to support the
conservator-restorers in opposing such a move, since these
laboratories are imperative to our profession. To our profession,
the lack of such laboratories would create further obstacles for
conservator-restorers, which would in turn result in making it
harder to keep to international standards of quality.

We were informed that the reason for this move is to establish a new
scientific cluster of laboratories with the staff and equipment from
D.S.L. and other government laboratories in Malta.

MAPCo-Re would like to ask the Government to seriously reconsider,
if such a decision to move the laboratories has already been taken.

A petition has been created regarding this request and can be
accessed at the following address:

    <URL:http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/request-for-the-retention-of-the-diagnostic/>

Please take some time to sign this petition and feel free to forward
this email to others.

Lindsay

                Distributed: Wednesday, October 30, 2013