Subject: Storing tableware

Storing tableware

From: Jennifer Rice <jennifer.rice<-at->
Date: Wednesday, October 16, 2013
We are investigating ways to best store our collection of home
tableware (teacups, plates, chargers, etc.).  We currently have
planned to create archival blue board trays with cubbies for each
piece.  A bed of Ethafoam will be at the base of each cubby.  Either
a blue board box cover or a sheet of Tyvek will be placed above the
surface of each tray and will be stored in closed shelves.  Could
anyone advise whether this is the best practice for these objects?
Any other suggestions?

Jennifer Rice
Archivist

                Distributed: Thursday, October 24, 2013