Subject: Polyester sleeves for microscope slides

Polyester sleeves for microscope slides

From: Chelsea McKibbin <c.mckibbin<-at->
Date: Thursday, October 17, 2013
I am looking to acquire polyester sleeves for the storage of
microscope slides.  Previously we purchased them from Preservation
Equipment Ltd, however they no longer provide this item and I am
struggling at finding them anywhere.

The sleeves themselves are made from clear, heavy duty polyester
film measuring 7.1cm length by 3.3cm width.  The sleeve is made of
one piece of polyester that has been heat formed at the top and
bottom folds, creating a flap where the two ends meet.  It is not
unlike the 35mm slide sleeves you can get, however for microscope
slides instead.

Any suggestions of suppliers who provide this or may be interested
in making them would be greatly appreciated.

Chelsea McKibbin
Conservator
The Conservation Centre
Natural History Museum