Subject: Schwan-Stabilo marking pencils

Schwan-Stabilo marking pencils

From: Florian Szibor <szibor<-at->
Date: Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Helen Privett <hprivett<-a t->museum< . >vic< . >gov< . >au> writes

>One of our collection managers has recently proposed using
>Schwan-Stabilo Marking Pencils for use on plastic objects.  I wonder
>whether anyone has experience with using these pencils for this
>purpose and if they'd like to share their thoughts?

It depends what kind of plastic objects you have.  On PP and PET the
stabilo will hardly write. Other plastics, like PVC, tend to "suck
in" humidity and colors, which means that your writing will not be
removeable.  Without knowing what kind of plastic-objects you have,
it's impossible to say, if the stabilo is a good idea to make
markings. I rather doubt it.

Florian Szibor

               Distributed: Saturday, September 28, 2013