Subject: Cat urine on unprimed color-field painting

Cat urine on unprimed color-field painting

From: Steven Prins <sprins1102<-at->
Date: Monday, September 16, 2013
I have received in my studio for treatment a color-field painting on
unprimed canvas that has been marked with urine by a male cat.  I am
wondering if anyone on the list has recent references regarding
feline urine composition and chemistry, as well as
conservation-appropriate procedures and formulae for its removal
from unprimed canvas? Thanks in advance for any references and/or
suggestions.

Steven Prins
Conservator of Paintings
Steven Prins and Company
1570 Pacheco, Suite D-4
Santa Fe, NM 87505
505-983-2528
Fax: 986-0846

                Distributed: Tuesday, September 24, 2013