Subject: Article on treatment of tsunami damaged documents

Article on treatment of tsunami damaged documents

From: Janet Berry <journal<-at->
Date: Tuesday, September 17, 2013
Kaname Shimada <shimada [at] hozon__co__jp> writes

>A volunteer group Tokyo Bunsho Kyuentai (Toubunq: Tokyo Document
>Recovery Assistance Force), was established in the beginning of May
>2011 by former librarians from Tokyo district and private
>conservators with its purpose to support recovery of paper based
>documents damaged by the tsunami caused by the Great East Japan
>Earthquake.
>
>We have reported the details of our activities in the latest issue
>(IPN59-60) of International Preservation News (IPN)

For those interested in the subject, a shorter notice "Rescuing
Tsunami damaged photographs in Japan" by Yoko Shiraiwa has been
accepted for publication in the Journal of the Institute of
Conservation. The Accepted Manuscript version is available online at

    <URL:http://www.tandfonline.com/action/showAxaArticles?journalCode=rcon20>

(online access is free for members of Icon). The full version will
be available online and in print later this autumn.

Janet Berry MPhil, FHEA
Editor, Journal of the Institute of Conservation

                Distributed: Tuesday, September 24, 2013