Subject: Symposium on the preventive conservation of interiors

Symposium on the preventive conservation of interiors

From: Harrie Schuit <h.schuit<-at->
Date: Tuesday, September 10, 2013
Inside Conservation: Symposium on the preventive conservation of
    interiors
Tuschinski Theatre
Amsterdam
The Netherlands
Oct 9, 2013 - 9am - 6pm

Interiors are part of our cultural heritage. As such, we should try
to minimise any loss of value of these interiors. To this end, the
Cultural Heritage Agency of the Netherlands is organising a
symposium on the preventive conservation of interiors, to be held in
Amsterdam on Wednesday 9 October 2013.

At the symposium, speakers from the Netherlands and other countries
will be discussing current issues and questions such as 'How does
sunlight affect valuable interiors?' and 'How do you make effective
use of professional practitioners and volunteers?'. The afternoon
sessions will focus on practical issues and there will be an
opportunity to share experiences and results.

We welcome anyone involved with valuable interiors or their
components, including managers, owners, conservation scientists,
preventive conservators, art historians, architects, and
consultants, to register for the symposium on 9 October, 2013.

Programme

You can download the programme

    <URL:http://www.cultureelerfgoed.nl/sites/default/files/u14/programme_symposium_preventive_conservation_interiors.pdf>

    <URL:http://www.cultureelerfgoed.nl/en/agenda/inside-conservation-symposium-on-the-preventive-conservation-of-interiors>

for additional information.

The fee for this event is Euro215 per person, which includes a
richly illustrated book with an abstract in English. Simultaneous
Dutch to English interpreting will be available through headsets.

To register, please complete this form

    <URL:https://fd7.formdesk.com/archis/inside_conservations_20_sept_13>

For any queries on registering and payment, please contact Carla
Jansen <carla.jansen<-at->xs4all<.>nl>

If you have any questions about the content of the event, please
contact Harrie Schuit <h.schuit<-at->cultureelerfgoed<.>nl>

                Distributed: Monday, September 16, 2013