Subject: Supplier for AYAA sought

Supplier for AYAA sought

From: Stephen Koob <koobsp<-at->
Date: Thursday, September 5, 2013
Sharra Grow <slg283 [at] gmail__com> writes

>I am posting on behalf of Greg Papatrefon, a System Engineer for the
>US Army. He has been searching for a supplier of AYAA (a polyvinyl
>acetate resin found in many products used in art conservation). and
>came across an archived Cons DistList post regarding Union Carbide,
>which apparently stopped making AYAA around 2008. Does anyone have
>information on replacements or other suppliers?

We have an original box of AYAA from Union Carbide, dated 1975.
(Conservators *never* throw anything away!).  It all looks good. How
much is needed?  I wouldn't part with all of it, but some.

Stephen Koob
Chief Conservator
The Corning Museum of Glass
One Museum Way
Corning, NY 14830

                Distributed: Saturday, September 7, 2013