Subject: Course on historic silver

Course on historic silver

From: David Harvey <topladave<-at->
Date: Tuesday, August 20, 2013
"Care and Conservation of Historic Silver" (new class)
3 Week Online Class
Starting on Sept. 2, 2013
$150

A new class for museum professionals and conservators and
technicians who want to learn more about the care and conservation
of historic silver.

Do you have historic silver and want to know how to care and
preserve it?

In this course you will learn about the history and technology of
silver and silver objects, how to identify conservation problems,
how to properly handle, store, and exhibit silver, and how to safely
clean and polish historic silver. We will emphasize what you can do
and when you need a conservator with silver expertise.

You can do the course from home or from work. We'll have online
discussions about each week's readings and resource materials, there
will one practical assignment each week, including one assignment to
clean / polish a silver object, and a final assignment in writing a
short conservation plan for your silver collection.

This online class will give you the tools to understand, clean, and
preserve historic silver.

Space is limited so register soon.  To register, see

    <URL:http://www.silvercareclass.eventbrite.com>

If you have any questions feel free to email me.

David Harvey
Senior Conservator and Museum Consultant
Los Angeles CA

                  Distributed: Monday, August 26, 2013