Subject: Position at West Lake Conservators Ltd.

Position at West Lake Conservators Ltd.

From: Steven Charles <scharles<-at->
Date: Friday, August 2, 2013
Paper Conservator
West Lake Conservators

West Lake Conservators seeks a conservator to take the lead in the
conservation of historic and artistic works on paper for our lab.
The incumbent will report to Susan Blakney and Margie Sutton,
paintings conservators and co-owners of West Lake Conservators.

The successful applicant must be able to work independently on a
broad range of paper objects including fine art, library and
archival holdings. Required tasks include assessment, treatment,
proposal- and report-writing, framing and occasional onsite work.
S/he must be able to manage her/his own time, organize, plan and
carry out conservation treatments, and work with our support staff
as needed. Willingness to work with volunteer-managed collections
and to contribute to West Lake's public education and outreach
programs are also expected.

Qualifications: Master's Degree in Art Conservation from a
recognized conservation program, or equivalent professional
experience, plus at least 5 years' experience demonstrated ability
to work on a range of paper-based materials. Competent writing and
computer skills are essential. Project management skills are
necessary.

The salary will be commensurate with qualifications. Benefits
include health insurance, an educational stipend, holiday and
vacation time and bonuses.

West Lake Conservators is a mixed-specialty preservation firm
located in the Finger Lakes region of New York and founded in 1975.
Our paper lab was established in 1998. West Lake's clientele
includes museum and private collections both regional and national.
We encourage our employees to engage with the profession through
research, presentation at meetings and conferences.

For more information: Applicants should send a letter of interest
(including resume) to Susan Blakney <susan<-at->westlekeconservators<.>com>

Steven Charles
Membership Associate
American Institute for Conservation
1156 15th St. NW