Subject: WAAC Newsletter

WAAC Newsletter

From: Carolyn Tallent <newsletter<-at->
Date: Friday, August 2, 2013
This is the fourth group of back issues now available on the WAAC
website.  This brings us up to 2012.   We will now return to the
policy of waiting 6 months to post an issue online, in deference to
those who actually pay for the Newsletter.

They appear as PDF documents; you can read the entire issue or each
article as a separate pdf.  (You may observe that we have a new
policy of removing all contact information in the interests of
privacy.)  Hard copies are still available.

In case you missed them in print, or just to remind you of the
terrific contributions we get, here is a list of the feature
articles from the newly posted issues.

    Volume 34, Number 1

        Investigation into the Use of Aquazol as an Adhesive on
        Archaeological Sites

            Vanessa Muros

        A Longer Exposure:  An Extended Learning Approach to
        Photograph Conservation Training in Central, Southern, and
        Eastern Europe

            Sean Charette

        Concept to Fabrication: The DeNiro Collection Men of Honor
        Deep Dive Suit Stabilization Device

            Wyndell Faulk

        Wolber's World: A Review of a Textile Wet-Cleaning Workshop
        Held in Oaxaca, Mexico

            Yadin Larochette

    Volume 34, Number 2

        The New Wave of Volunteerism in Museums:  Practical Tips and
        a Glance Toward the Future

            Sherelyn Ogden

        Pemulen Revised

            Chris Stavroudis

        Finding a New Standard for Rolled Cotton in North American
        Paintings Conservation

            Kelly O'Neill

    Volume 34, Number 3

        The Multipurpose Mount An Adjustable Support for Photography
        and Radiography of Ancient Dinetah Pottery

            Jamie Hascall

        The Organic Analysis of Artworks: Early Challenges and
        Future Directions

            Kristin deGhetaldi

        Conference Review:  The CAPS 3 London Workshop:  A
        Space-time Continuum of pH and Conductivity

            Nicholas Dorman

        More from CAPS3:  Surfactants, silicone-based solvents, and
        microemulsions

            Chris Stavroudis

                 Distributed: Thursday, August 8, 2013