Subject: Position at the National Trust

Position at the National Trust

From: Lauren Armstrong <lauren.armstrong<-at->
Date: Wednesday, July 24, 2013
Conservator
LSE Consultancy Hub
Polesden Lacey, Micheldever Station or Saunderton

Permanent, part time (20 hours per week)

Reference: IRC7383

Salary: UKP17,671 per annum, pro rata (UKP33, 135 per annum, full
time equivalent)

About the role: From Caxton's Lyme Missal to the 'beetle-wing' dress
worn by Ellen Terry for her celebrated portrayal of Lady Macbeth, we
look after some of the finest, most comprehensive historic
collections in the world. We want all our visitors to enjoy the
illuminating, often surprising stories that lie beneath the surface
of our spaces, places and objects. Based at our Saunderton Office,
you'll be part of the National Trust Consultancy working with
colleagues on a fascinating variety of historical collections and
interiors. As well as sharing your conservation expertise, you'll
have lots of new ideas on interpretation, presentation and exciting
ways of bringing collections and interiors to life. By focusing on
the big picture, by sharing ideas, insight and expertise, you'll
help us to achieve our bold ambition of balancing conservation
requirements with visitor access needs.

The location of the role is flexible within our Consultancy Hubs in
the region; Polesden Lacey, Micheldever Station and Saunderton.

About you: You're an enthusiastic, knowledgeable conservation
expert. Someone who shares our aims and ambitions and understands
the balance of conservation and visitor access. Someone who'll
challenge conventional thinking and be proactive in championing bold
ideas. More than anything, you'll be passionate about making our
properties, places and collections ever more relevant and engaging
for our diverse audience. You'll need to be professionally
qualified, with an in-depth understanding of the latest preventive
and remedial conservation tools and techniques. We'd also like you
to have practical experience of providing an effective consultancy
service and you'll feel confident interpreting data and using your
findings to help influence colleagues.

It's about more than just going the extra mile but really believing
in it. Every day, everything that you do will help to wow your
colleagues and create a truly unforgettable experience for our
visitors.

Incredibly rewarding: We expect a lot, but we'll offer a great deal
in return, starting with stimulating and challenging work and the
opportunity to help us achieve our bold ambitions. We value your
contribution, recognise the importance of a work-life balance, and
are committed to your continued development. You can also look
forward to free admission to all our incredible places, plus a
helpful 20% off at our shops, cafes and restaurants. But they're
just the benefits we can tell you about here. There are lots more at

    <URL:http://nationaltrustrewardsandbenefits.org.uk>

About us: Here at the National Trust, we want even more people to
enjoy our extraordinary places. We want people of all ages and
backgrounds to get involved with them, be inspired by them, and love
them as much as we do. That's why we've put some bold ambitions in
place. We want everyone in England, Wales and Northern Ireland to
feel like a member of the National Trust and, by 2020, we want to
have grown our membership to more than five million.

To apply: To be part of something special, please visit

    <URL:http://www.nationaltrustjobs.org.uk>

and search using keyword IRC7383.

Closing date: 2 August 2013.

Committed to equal opportunities.
Registered charity number 205846.

Hiring Manager: Rob Woodside <rob.woodside<-at->nationaltrust<.>org<.>uk>

                 Distributed: Wednesday, July 31, 2013