Subject: Position at National Galleries of Scotland

Position at National Galleries of Scotland

From: Cathy Campbell <ccampbell<-at->
Date: Tuesday, July 23, 2013
Conservation Technician - Paper (Band 7A)
National Galleries of Scotland

Fixed term, 11 months

Salary UKP17,420 - UKP18,801 per annum

The National Galleries of Scotland collection comprises some 65,000
works of British and international art spanning from the 15th
Century to the modern day. Our technical teams work closely with
Conservators, Registrars and Curators to care for and ensure these
works are accessible and available for exhibition and loan.

We have an exciting opportunity for a Conservation Technician to
work as part of our technical team. With a focus on works on paper
and photography, you will provide technical support for the care of
the NGS collections and those works on loan to NGS often in tandem
with the work program delivered by the NGS Paper Conservators. You
will prepare art works for exhibition, loan and acquisition by
providing mounting, fitting in / hinging, glazing along with
non-standard technical solutions as required.

The successful candidate will have proven experience of working with
and handling fine art, as well as experience of mounting works to
conservation standard, cutting complex mounts, framing and using
hand tools. They will possess a solid understanding of Health and
Safety requirements and have a pragmatic approach to
problem-solving. Sound, timely and appropriate decision making and
good communication skills are essential to the role.

The closing date for completed applications is 5 August 2013

To apply, please visit our website

    <URL:http://www.nationalgalleries.org/jobs>

An Equal Opportunities Employer

                 Distributed: Wednesday, July 31, 2013