Subject: Survey on magnets

Survey on magnets

From: Karen Horton <karen.horton2103<-at->
Date: Tuesday, July 30, 2013
Survey on the use of magnets in conservation

The Chester Beatty Library, Dublin recently completed a project to
remount their Tibetan thangkas on display. The composite nature of
these three-dimensional objects makes them difficult to exhibit in a
museum setting. I worked with conservators at the Library to develop
a non-invasive mounting method to install the thangkas using Rare
Earth magnets and Perspex supports.

As a result of this work we are now interested in researching how
magnets are being used by conservators for mounting objects and
developed as a treatment tool. I would be extremely grateful if you
would take the time to answer the following ten questions by Monday
30 September 2013.

Please see

    <URL:http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VFSRL8Y>

All responses will be treated with confidentiality and used for
academic purposes only. If you would like a copy of the results of
the survey please let me know. Thank you for taking the time to give
me your feedback.

Karen L Horton
Freelance Textile Conservator, UK

                 Distributed: Wednesday, July 31, 2013