Subject: WAAC Newsletter

WAAC Newsletter

From: Carolyn Tallent <newsletter<-at->
Date: Tuesday, July 23, 2013
This is the third group of back issues now available on the WAAC
website.

They appear as PDF documents; you can read the entire issue or each
article as a separate pdf.  (You may observe that we have a new
policy of removing all contact information in the interests of
privacy.)  Hard copies are still available, and after we are caught
up we will return to the policy of waiting 6 months to post an issue
online, in deference to those who actually pay for the Newsletter.

In case you missed them in print, or just to remind you of the
terrific contributions we get, here is a list of the feature
articles from the newly posted issues.

    Volume 32, Number 2

        Illuminating Art Using a Daylight System at the Broad
        Contemporary Art Museum

            Mark Gilberg, Charlotte Eng, and Frank Preusser

        Safe Handling of Plastics in a Museum Environment

            Jai-sun Tasang

    Volume 32, Number 3

        Pemulen

        Pemulen TR-2: An Emulsifying Agent with Promise

            Nancie Ravenel

        Pemulen Case Study: Holy Innocents Mural Project

            Kirsten Travers, Richard Wolbers, and Carolyn Tomkiewicz

        Pemulen Case Study: A Midsummer-Night's Dream

            Donna Williams

        Using Pemulen with the MCP

            Chris Stavroudis

    Volume 33, Number 1

        The iPad: Condition Reporting for the XXI Century

            Yosi Pozeilov

        Detecting and Identifying Salts during the Desalination
        Process with Spot Test Papers

            Nancy Odegaard, Patricia Hill, Brunella Santarelli, and
            Werner Zimmt

        Aging Properties of Select UV-Blocking Window Films

            Colleen Boye, Frank Preusser, and Terry Schaeffer

        Investigation of Pink Staining on Marble Sculpture at the J.
        Paul Getty Museum

            Allison Lewis and Monica Ganio

        Book Review:Issues in the Conservation of Photographs

            Laura Downey Staneff

    Volume 33, Number 2

        Analysis of the Physical Characteristics of Transparent
        Cellulosic Nanofiber Paper

            Amber Harwood

        An Attractive Alternative: The Use of Magnets to Conserve
        Homer by John Chamberlain

            Kristen Watson Adsit

        A Collaborative Study of California Featherwork

            Ellen Pearlstein, Jim Druzik, Christel Pesme, Renee
            Riedler, and Molly Gleeson

        Book Review:Line, Shade and Shadow: The Fabrication and
        Preservation of Architectural Drawings

            Stephanie Watkins

    Volume 33, Number 3

        Getting Closer: Conservation Detectives

            Ticca Ogilvie, Megan de Silva, and the Artefact
            Conservation Team of the National Museums Scotland

        A Useful Tool for the Repair of Gaping Tears: The RH Trecker

            Laura Hartman

        Book Review:House Paints, 1900-1960 History and Use

            Helen Hughes

                 Distributed: Wednesday, July 31, 2013