Subject: Oddy testing

Oddy testing

From: Kathleen Kiefer <materialculturecons<-at->
Date: Saturday, July 13, 2013
I am thinking of setting up to do Oddy testing for hire and wonder
if there is demand for this service.  I would follow Robinet and
Thickett's "New Methodology for Accelerated Corrosion Testing" as
published in Studies in Conservation, 48 (2003) Pages 263-268, but
would run three replicates of each material tested for less
ambiguity when questions in interpreting results arise.  Is there a
demand for this service?

While employed at the Indianapolis Museum of Art I was involved in
implementing this protocol, so have experience in running the tests
and interpreting result.

Comments are welcome.

Kathleen Kiefer, Conservator
Material Culture Conservation, LLC