Subject: Light reducing film for light box

Light reducing film for light box

From: Susi Pancaldo <s.pancaldo<-at->
Date: Thursday, July 11, 2013
I am looking into ways of reducing lux levels for a light-box
display of microscope specimens from approximately 950 lux to,
ideally, 50 lux.  The lights in the light-boxes are LED so I am not
concerned with UV levels, just light intensity.  The film will need
to applied to the back of the large, Perspex (acrylic) light-box
boards (approximately 500cm x 1000cm panels).  Has anyone had
experience applying light-reducing films to Perspex/acrylic, and if
so, could you suggest a film product and application technique?
Suggestions for UK-based products most welcome.

Susanna Pancaldo
Senior Conservator
UCL Museums and Public Engagement
Petrie Museum of Egyptian Archaeology UCL
Malet Place
London WC1E 6BT
+44 207 679 2485 (internal: 32485)

                  Distributed: Saturday, July 20, 2013