Subject: Archives and Records Association Annual Conference

Archives and Records Association Annual Conference

From: Mark Allen <mark_allen<-at->
Date: Wednesday, July 17, 2013
"Accountability, Culture and Ethics"
Archives and Records Association UK and Ireland Annual Conference
Conservation Stream
Cardiff
28-30 August 2013

The Conservation programme is very exciting this year with most
current issues being addressed and discussed.  There are sessions on
the benefits of touch, preservation of museum archives, seal
preservation, the role of ethics in conservation, emergency
planning, practical demonstrations of the repair of photographic
prints, historical and modern sizing of paper, marbling and
decorative papers, assessing the impact of dust in the archives,
case studies and much, much more.

Why not come along for the day? The rates are very reasonable.

Booking forms and the programme are at

    <URL:http://www.archives.org.uk/ara-conference/the-ara-conference.html>

ARA conferences are about challenging the way we think, swapping
experiences, giving us tools to use in our workplaces and meeting
old friends and new colleagues.  The conference is a real highlight
of ARA's year so we hope to see you in Cardiff in August.

Mark Allen
ARA conference committee
Conservation studio
Flintshire Record Office