Subject: WAAC Newsletter

WAAC Newsletter

From: Carolyn Tallent <newsletter<-at->
Date: Sunday, July 7, 2013
WAAC is very happy to announce that the remaining back issues of the
Newsletter will be posted to our website in the coming weeks.

They will appear as PDF documents; you can read the entire issue or
each article as a separate pdf.  (You may observe that we have a new
policy of removing all contact information in the interests of
privacy.)  Hard copies are still available, and after we are caught
up we will return to the policy of waiting 6 months to post an issue
online, in deference to those who actually pay for the Newsletter.

In case you missed them in print, or just to remind you of the
terrific contributions we get, here is a list of the feature
articles from the newly posted issues.

    Volume 25, Number 1

        Briet's Antelope:  Some thoughts on Suzanne Briet
        (1894-1989) and conservation documentation

            Mitchell Hearns Bishop

    Volume 25, Number 2

        Evaluation of the Use of Aquazol as an Adhesive in Paintings
        Conservation

            Julie Arslanoglu

        Sampling Strategies and Testing Procedures for Identifying
        Arsenic and Mercury Pesticide Residues

            Tania Collas and Allyson Lazar

        Reverberations of September 11

            Gail Joice

    Volume 25, Number 3

        An Evaluation of Cleaning Methods for Modern and
        Contemporary Paintings

            Bronwyn Ormsby

        Weight Changes in Acrylic Emulsion Paints and the
        Implications for Accelerated Ageing

            Charles S. Tumosa and Marion F. Mecklenburg

    Volume 26, Number 1

        Preservation of Human Remains

            Vicki Cassman, Nancy Odegaard, and Joseph Powell

        Aquazol as Used in Conservation Practice

            Julie Arslanoglu

    Volume 26, Number 2

        Site Stewards Help Preserve Arizona's Past

            Melissa J. Huber

        An excerpt from Pollutants in the Museum Environment:
        Practical Strategies for Problem Solving in Design,
        Exhibition and Storage

            Pamela Hatchfield

    Volume 26, Number 3

        Moisture Isotherms of Acrylic Emulsion Paints

            Charles S. Tumosa and Marion F. Mecklenburg

                 Distributed: Wednesday, July 10, 2013