Subject: Call for papers--ICOM-CC Education and Training Working Group and Preventive Conservation Working Group Interim Meeting

Call for papers--ICOM-CC Education and Training Working Group and Preventive Conservation Working Group Interim Meeting

From: Jean Brown <jean.brown<-at->
Date: Thursday, July 4, 2013
Call for papers

"Conservation Now"
ICOM-CC
Education and Training in Conservation Working Group
and
Preventive Conservation Working Group
Combined Interim Meeting
Northumbria University, Newcastle upon Tyne
Thursday-Friday 5-6 September 2013

The ICOM-CC Working Groups for 'Education and Training' and
'Preventive Conservation' are to hold their combined interim meeting
'Conservation Now' at Northumbria University, Newcastle upon Tyne on
Thursday-Friday 5-6 September 2013.

If you would like to present a paper at the meeting could you please
send a 200 word abstract by Friday 19 July 2013 to
jean.brown<-at->northumbria<.>ac<.>uk. Each speaker will be given twenty
minutes for their presentation.

The meeting should be of interest to conservation practitioners,
recent conservation graduates, conservation educators as well as
those who employ conservators.

The meeting seeks to understand the current and future demands on
conservation practice in order that conservation programmes can
maximise the employability of their graduates.

In advance of the meeting we have been gathering data on the
experiences of conservation graduates, the conservation programmes,
practising conservators as well as those employing conservators. The
data gathered will be presented at the interim meeting alongside
related papers.

Thank you if you have already completed the survey. If you have not
completed the survey there is still time so please let us know your
thoughts, which will make an invaluable contribution to the findings
of the meeting. All responses will remain confidential and secure.
Your input will be used to ensure that we continue to meet the needs
of professional practice. We appreciate your trust and look forward
to serving you in the future.

Please complete the survey that is relevant to you

    Conservation Practitioners Survey
    <URL:https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KDQJTGM>

    Conservation Employers Survey
    <URL:https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FQK8NPN>

    Conservation Graduates Survey
    <URL:https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QTDGPWM>

    Conservation Programmes Survey
    <URL:https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FRW8XL3>

The new deadline for completion of the surveys is Friday 19 July
2013

If you have any queries please contact:

    Jean Brown
    Co-ordinator for the ICOM-CC Education Training Working Group

                 Distributed: Wednesday, July 10, 2013