Subject: Conference on collection care

Conference on collection care

From: Caroline Peach <caroline.peach<-at->
Date: Friday, June 28, 2013
Conference

"Evolution or revolution? The changing face of collection care"
The British Library
London NW1 2DB, United Kingdom
14-15 October 2013

This two-day conference organised by the British Library discusses
how change and development in the library environment--in
acquisition, technology, publishing, storage, formats, access,
use--are defining and redefining the roles and responsibilities of
collection care professionals, forcing us to ask tough questions of
ourselves and our collections. Do we embrace such change as an
opportunity to re-evaluate our collections and develop new models of
care and stewardship? Or do we view it as a threat to traditional
methods and traditional skills?

Who are the collection care professionals of today? What skills do
they need to be practitioners and leaders in the collection care
departments of tomorrow?

Programme: We have two full days of presentations on Mon 14 and Tue
15 October 2013, with a reception on the Monday evening.

Running alongside will be a small trade fair, plus a dedicated
exhibition space, showcasing the work of the British Library's
Collection Care department. On Wed 16 Oct, 2013 post-conference, we
will be running tours to different British Library departments.

For more information see

    <URL:http://www.bl.uk/whatson/events/event148242.html>

Registration and booking fees:
The conference fee is inclusive of lunch, London-based tours and an
evening reception.

UKP125 + 20% VAT = UKP150 (student rate)
UKP175 + 20% VAT = UKP210 (early bird - until 31 July 2013)
UKP225 + 20% VAT = UKP270 (standard)

Payment to be made online via British Library Box Office

Caroline Peach
Head of Preservation Advisory Centre
The British Library
96 Euston Road