Subject: BAVC Preservation Access Program

BAVC Preservation Access Program

From: Jenny Brice <jennyb<-at->
Date: Tuesday, June 25, 2013
I am the Preservation Coordinator for the Bay Area Video Coalition,
a non-profit organization committed to inspiring social change by
empowering media makers to tell diverse stories through art,
education and technology. Our Preservation Program partners with
libraries, museums, arts organizations and artists to preserve and
digitize precious works of media art and other cultural artifacts.
You can learn more about us at

    <URL:https://www.bavc.org/preservation>

We have a new program that may be of interest to those on this list.

Through generous funding from the National Endowment for the Arts
BAVC is offering tools for collection assessment,preservation
planning support, and deeply discounted preservation transfer
services through an application process.  Artists, arts
organizations, and collections with arts-related content can receive
resources, tools, and project updates for free and selected projects
will receive discounted preservation services. To learn more about
this program see:

    <URL:http://www.bavc.org/preservation-access-program>

If you missed the May 21, 2013 info session you can watch it at

    <URL:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez1br24eZwM&feature=youtu.be>

or simply see the slides at

    <URL:http://bavc.org/preservation-access-program-presentation>

Application: The application is due July 17, 2013. We will be
accepting a second round of applications in January 2014. The
application can be found at

    <URL:https://www.bavc.org/PresAccess-application>

Jennifer Brice
Preservation Coordinator