Subject: Position at Tate

Position at Tate

From: Joanna Mitura <joanna.mitura<-at->
Date: Thursday, June 20, 2013
Collection Care Research Manager
UKP27,422 per annum

Use your research and project management skills to further our
understanding of collection care.

At Tate, our mission is to increase public understanding and
enjoyment of British art from the 16th century to the present day,
and of modern and contemporary art. Part of the Tate National
Directorate, Tate Research was established in 2006 following
recognition of the museum as an Independent Research Organisation by
the Arts and Humanities Research Council. This is a unique
opportunity to lead and support scholarly research activity in
collection care.

You will work closely with the Head of Collection Care Research to
manage and support the research that ensures our collections are
available and accessible now and in the future. Take this four-year
contract funded by research grant awards, and you will project
manage Collection Care research projects, ensuring milestones are
met, reporting on budgets, and maintaining documentation. At the
same time, you'll support the strategic development of the
department and oversee the delivery of Collection Care research
publications.

You'll come to us with a proven track record of project management
and a commitment to accurate and detailed reporting. Your project
management expertise will matched by considerable experience of
conducting research and good knowledge of a variety of research
methodologies. Skilled in delivering events, you will have the
ability to support staff in developing research skills. A detailed
understanding of conservation, collection management, or heritage
science would be desirable. A creative approach to problem solving
will be essential.

This position is offered on a fixed-term contract until 31 March
2017.

Our jobs are like our galleries, open to all

For more information contact

    Joanna Mitura
    Tate Gallery HR Assistant
    +44 207 887 8097