Subject: Position at Historic Royal Palaces

Position at Historic Royal Palaces

From: Kerren Harris <kerren.harris<-at->
Date: Friday, June 7, 2013
Registrar
Historic Royal Palaces
Based at Hampton Court Palace

Historic Royal Palaces is the independent charity that looks after
the Tower of London, Hampton Court Palace, the Banqueting House in
Whitehall, Kensington Palace and Kew Palace. Its aim is to help
everyone explore the story of how monarchs and people have shaped
society, in some of the greatest palaces ever built.

Our palaces are home to varied and extensive collections of
historically significant objects.  In this new role, you'll be
responsible for ensuring these unique articles are effectively
documented, providing a detailed record of every item in our care.

As the driving force behind our Collections Management Registration
(CMR) strategy, you'll decide the policies and procedures that will
govern collection documentation. Day to day, you'll develop location
schemes for stored items that optimise conservation and access;
ensure Collections Management is aligned with digital strategies;
and establish KPIs for CMR. You will also be involved in the
development of our new storage arrangements.  Reporting to the Head
of Conservation and Collection Care, your work will bring you into
contact with individuals at all levels across the organisation as
well as representatives from the Royal Collection so you must be a
team focused professional who can collaborate with others.

This is a critical role, signalling a step change in collections
management at HRP that will have an impact on acquisitions;
insurance; valuations; inventories; movement; labelling and
disposal. You must therefore be an experienced professional with a
background in Collections Management. You'll know how to manage
inventories, handle legal contracts and manage insurance for object
collections. You'll also have an excellent grasp of registration
policy and procedure, the Government Indemnity Scheme (GIS),
accreditation standards and international art transport. Your
expertise will be based on a degree (or equivalent) in History,
History of Art/Design, Archaeology or a related subject and
crucially a positive, proactive approach.

If you're an organised leader who can use IT (particularly
databases) at an advanced level, we'd like to hear from you. An
MA/MSc in Museum Studies (or similar) would be ideal, but it's your
strong communication skills and eye for detail that will be the keys
to your success.

You will also need to be flexible and willing to travel to all five
palaces as required.

Closing Date: 24 June 2013
Pay Range: Approximately UKP33,000 depending on experience
Find out more and apply by visiting

    ww.hrp.org.uk

Historic Royal Palaces is an equal opportunities employer and truly
values a diverse workforce.  Applications are welcome from
candidates regardless of their background.

Kerren Harris
Preventive Conservation Supervisor ACR
Hampton Court and Kew
+44 203 166 6442