Subject: Tannic acid and iron corrosion

Tannic acid and iron corrosion

From: Hannah Young <hanayoung<-at->
Date: Thursday, June 6, 2013
I am an MA student investigating an alternative tannic acid
treatment for the passivation of iron corrosion.

I am seeking information regarding the recipes and methods of
application currently in use by practising conservators. In cases
where tannic acid is not a preferred method of passivation, I am
interested in which other treatments are used.

Any information relating to this subject will be gratefully appreciated.

Hannah Young
Postgraduate Student, Metals Conservation
West Dean College
West Sussex, England

                  Distributed: Thursday, June 13, 2013