Subject: Position at May Berkouwer Textile Conservation

Position at May Berkouwer Textile Conservation

From: May Berkouwer <may<-at->
Date: Thursday, May 23, 2013
Textile Conservator

Sudbury, Suffolk (UK)

<URL:http://www.mbtexcon.co.uk>

We are looking for a qualified and experienced textile conservator
to join our small but busy private Studio in Suffolk.  The Studio
undertakes a diverse range of projects working for local, regional
and national public and private clients.  We treat a wide variety of
textiles including furnishings, tapestries, embroideries, banners
and rugs.  We also carry out condition surveys, provide advice on
preventive conservation and offer occasional placements for students
and interns.

This post offers the opportunity to play a key role in the Studio,
its services and its small team of staff.  The successful candidate
will be a confident, versatile and self-motivated practitioner with
a good knowledge of textile conservation issues and techniques and
excellent problem solving and communication skills.  The ability to
function effectively in the Studio and on-site whilst maintaining
high standards is essential.  Accredited status is encouraged.  A
full driving licence is highly desirable.

This is a 6 month post starting in September 2013 with the potential
for extension.  Terms and conditions of work are negotiable; salary
will be dependent on experience and skills but will be in line with
the salary scales recommended by the Institute of Conservation.

Please send your CV and an introductory letter to
info<-at->mbtexcon<.>co<.>uk

Closing date for applications:  June 19, 2013.

Interviews will be held in mid-July, 2013.

For further information or an informal discussion, please contact

    May Berkouwer
    Principal Conservator
    +44 1787 370840

May Berkouwer ACR