Subject: Vacuum cleaners

Vacuum cleaners

From: Misa Tamura <mtamura<-at->
Date: Thursday, May 16, 2013
I am currently looking for a vacuum cleaner which withstands long
hours of use to clean large objects such as canoes and boats. The
specifications required are: variable speed control, HEPA filter as
well as the motor powerful enough to carry out up to 8 hours of
vacuuming a day. Those are a little far-fetched for a normal museum
vac to achieve.  We looked into Nilfisk GM 80. However,
unfortunately Nilfisk UK does not offer GM 80 with variable speed
control.  Nilfisk IVB 3 H&M were suggested as an alternative. We are
not very familiar with this product, therefore, could anyone who is
familiar with IVB 3 H and/or M please share your experience in using
them?

I'll also be grateful if you suggest another vac available in the UK
which meets the specs listed above.

Misa Tamura
Organic Artefacts Conservation Section,
Conservation and Scientific Research,