Subject: Storing lithographic stones

Storing lithographic stones

From: Whitney Baker <wbaker<-at->
Date: Monday, May 13, 2013
I would welcome advice and suggestions for long-term storage of
lithography stones that retain images on their surfaces. Our 12
stones in question are dusty and currently stored in wooden crates
that appear to be original or created near the time of use. We are
constructing dust covers for the stones, but I would welcome advice
about removing dust without disturbing the image surface.

Whitney Baker
Head, Conservation Services / Associate Librarian
University of Kansas Libraries
1425 Jayhawk Blvd., #135
Lawrence, KS 66045

                   Distributed: Monday, May 20, 2013