Subject: Repairing large maps

Repairing large maps

From: Cor Knops <info<-at->
Date: Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Rhonda Niven <rniven [at] worcestershire__gov__uk> writes

>I have a series of large rolled maps/plans on heavy paper, backed
>with linen that have become damp during storage, and subsequently
>damaged by mould.  These have been dried and are now in need of
>repair.  The linen has separated from the paper in places, and the
>paper is very soft and 'spongy' in the areas where the mould was.  I
>am wondering how best to go about repairing these and is there
>anything I can do to save the damaged areas of paper.

Please have a look at

    <URL:http://chauchard.blogspot.com>

Although the text is in Dutch the pictures might tell you a few
(1000?) words....

If you have questions about the Chauchard project feel free to
contact me.

Cor Knops
Knops Boekrestauratie
Groenstraat 8