Subject: Radio frequency wands

Radio frequency wands

From: Tim Vitale <tjvitale<-at->
Date: Saturday, March 16, 2013
Is anyone experimenting with one of those 'radio frequency treatment
wands' being advertised on TV for reducing wrinkles?  I traced an
online instance of a wand-based skin wrinkle reducer back to a
'doctors' office type piece of equipment that appears to use
microwaves.  The home model could be doing the same thing as the
professional device, but using a lower energy flux that is under the
limits of applicable regulations.  A non-contact heating wand would
be an interesting tool; better than a small hair dryer.

If these wrinkle reducing wands are using microwaves, one assumes it
is to heat water in the skin; to do what I have no idea.  It could
be no more than create a 'good feeling' using a little warmth.

It is possible that mild microwave stimulation of the bonds in
"water" could be a tool to make an adhesive soften or swell, or, to
dissolve "stuff" more quickly or for it to happen when nothing would
have (at normal temperature room conditions).

Tim Vitale
Conservator
Oakland, CA

                   Distributed: Sunday, April 7, 2013