Subject: Call for papers--Conference on materials and techniques in archaeological conservation

Call for papers--Conference on materials and techniques in archaeological conservation

From: Beth Werrett <b.werrett<-at->
Date: Tuesday, March 19, 2013
Call for Papers:

"Innovation and Invention: Developments in Conservation Materials
    and Techniques"

and the ICON Archaeology Group AGM
The ICON Archaeology Group

The Royal Armouries
Armouries Drive
Leeds LS10 1LT
Friday, 7 June 2013

event will present talks discussing the use of innovative materials
and techniques in archaeological conservation.  We are therefore
looking for short talks (approximately 20 minutes) describing and
explaining the use of new or modified materials and techniques that
you may have recently used.  This could include: newly manufactured
materials/replacements for materials whose use is now
prohibited/transfer of techniques from other spheres of conservation
or other professions.

We are also planning to have an hour at the end for the presentation
of more informal, short talks, so if you have a quick hint or tip,
or information about a material/technique which may only take a few
minutes to explain, do let us know.

If you would like to offer a talk related to the use of new
materials or techniques in conservation please contact Mags Felter
<mfelter<-at->yorkat<.>co<.>uk>

The deadline for submissions of papers is Friday 10 May 2013.

ICON members: UKP20
Students: UKP15
Non-Member UKP30

event will present talks discussing the use of innovative materials
and techniques in archaeological conservation.

There will also be an opportunity to explore the stores and
collections of the Royal Armouries with tours led by the
conservation staff. Lunch and refreshments will be included.

The Archaeology Group AGM will be held at 1pm, all members are
welcome to attend.

Further information and booking details are on the Group web pages.

Places are limited so to avoid disappointment please reserve places
by sending booking forms and enquiries to
beth.werrett<-at->wiltshire<.>gov<.>uk

The deadline for bookings is Friday 31 May 2013.

Beth Werrett

                 Distributed: Saturday, March 30, 2013