Subject: Linoleum

Linoleum

From: Dominique Rogers <do<-at->
Date: Thursday, March 21, 2013
Ailsa Murray <ailsa.murray [at] scotland__gsi__gov__uk> writes

>We are currently researching the most appropriate approach to
>cleaning and protecting an original linoleum flooring in one of
>Historic Scotland's properties in care ...

Matthew Boulton's Soho House in Birmingham has an early linoleum
floor, which I remember seeing and discussing with other
conservators a few years ago. It may be useful for you to talk to
them.

I have worked on a very large World War II painting made to raise
funds for the war painted on linoleum which was in a dreadful state,
both the paint layer and the support.  It belongs to Ipswich Museum
and the report must be available there, if not and if you are
interested I could try to find my own copy.

Dominique A. Rogers, MA. BSc (Hons), ex ACR
Lieu-dit Maubin 47200
Beaupuy France

                 Distributed: Saturday, March 30, 2013