Subject: Use of inorganic mineral consolidation treatments on modern murals

Use of inorganic mineral consolidation treatments on modern murals

From: Sarah Braun <sbraun0307<-at->
Date: Monday, March 11, 2013
I am a conservation graduate student at the University of Applied
Sciences in Southern Switzerland.  I am currently writing my
master's thesis on the conservation of modern mural paintings, more
specifically the use of inorganic mineral treatments (barium
hydroxide, artificial ammonium oxalate, ethyl silicates, CaLoSil,
etc.) in the consolidation of modern murals on cement supports.

Has anyone had any experience consolidating a modern mural painting
on cement with inorganic mineral treatments? If so, what was the
nature of the consolidated material (type of pigment, method of
application, etc.)

I am searching for other case studies to support my thesis research.
Any suggestions would be extremely helpful.

Sarah Braun

                 Distributed: Wednesday, March 20, 2013